The Procurement Specialist is responsible for increasing company profitability through affecting purchasing strategies and executing procurement processes which result in significant savings and cost reduction. These strategies will include the development and maintenance of key supplier relationships, timely purchases and an effective supply chain management regime.
The Procurement Specialist plans, organizes, controls and evaluates the purchasing activities of the company, while managing the supplier network.
The Procurement Specialist will also be responsible for tracking orders and ensuring that late orders and late deliveries are followed-up to minimize delays.
- Preparing both simple and complex Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents to ensure company requirements are clearly communicated to potential suppliers.
- Developing appropriate selection criteria to evaluate supplier quotes and proposals objectively, aimed at attaining the best value possible and/or reducing costs.
- Reviewing supplier quotes and preparing procurement recommendations and Purchase Orders, ensuring proper approval is obtained in accordance with Company Policies.
- Expediting Purchase Orders, to ensure materials arrive in the Company or Job Site when required.
- Adhere to code of ethical conduct.
- Maintaining the Supplier Master Database
- Collaborating with other departments, such as engineering, manufacturing and quality, to identify, evaluate and qualify new suppliers.
- Supporting SPM Manager in the negotiation of prices and terms with suppliers and freight forwarders.
- Monitoring supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
Handling non-conforming product with suppliers, which can result in returns to supplier or discounted prices for rework or disposal.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Ensuring compliance with processes, procedures and internal control procedures established in the Quality Management System.
- Contributing to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of SPM processes and practices considering enhancement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A relevant post-secondary educational qualification, preferably in engineering, procurement or business management or an equal combination of relevant experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong computer skills including use of the suite of Microsoft Office applications are required.
- Excellent personal organization and business administration skills.
- Ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with little supervision.
- Strong communication skills (English, verbal and written) in a variety of mediums (telephone, email, in-person) are essential
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines, independently and as part of a team
- Extensive knowledge of the electrical/power industry is an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care