Job title :
LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANT
S. SIMILKAMEEN HEALTH CTR
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at the South Similkameen Health Centre (Orchard Haven) in Keremeos.
Orchard Haven was built in the year 2000 after much planning and hard work by many local residents. The Health Centre had been a dream for many years and it was only through the persistent efforts of these local residents that the Health Centre was finally built. It is a very unique Health Centre in that it has combined many health care services under one roof. Adjoining the Health Centre is a 38 bed Assisted Living unit including a specialized unit for Dementia Care.
The Health Centre services a population of approximately 5,000 people encompassing the communities of Keremeos, Cawston, Hedley, and Olalla. The closest acute care hospital is located in Penticton only 47 kilometers away.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Shifts could be offered on days, evenings, or nights as required, any day of the week so we are seeking candidates with open availability that want to work regularly including night and weekend shifts.
Typical duties include:
- Assist residents with personal care and activities of daily living
- Assist with resident mobility, transfers and related equipment
- Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
- Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
- Accompany residents on outings and during social activities
- Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
- Along with a copy of your resume or CV please attach a copy of your certificate to your profile.*
This posting is for casual work at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order. The posting is open to all qualified staff but those currently working at a single site facility should note that the hiring Manager will contact the current Manager to discuss the ability to release staff.