Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities and champion a culture of exemplary care to deliver clinical excellence by creating an environment where the best experiences happen. Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
- Grade 12 Education
- 1 year recent experience in acute mental health
- Medical terminology
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills – 40 words per minute
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Good working knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Safety awareness
- Ability to work in an inter-professional team Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to rapidly shift priorities and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to direct staff coming into the unit to the appropriate area during emotionally charged situations.
- Understanding of medical mental health terminology and knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
- Keyboarding skills.
- Understanding of the Ambulatory Electronic documentation System (B Care)
- Understanding of the Ministry of Health mandated Resident Assessment Inventory (RAI)
- Safety Awareness.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written with a high level understanding of boundaries Regular attendance is a requirement.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly as per the Attendance Support Policy #HA30 and Procedure #HA35
At Southlake Regional Health Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.