Energy Auditor and Analyst
PMC Energy was founded in 2008 with a mission to save energy for our customers. We use energy efficient HVAC equipment, modern open control systems and unique control strategies to fine tune building performance and minimize energy use. We have performed many successful building retrofits, saving our customers hundreds of thousands of kilowatts of electricity.
PMC has been built on the foundation of a multi-trade technical and engineering team working collaboratively to deliver a superior product and service to our clients. Our team currently includes electricians, building automation technicians, HVAC journeymen, gas technicians, mechanical engineers and more.
We make every effort to have fun at work. We want our employees to enjoy coming to work and also working hard to give our customers the best experience possible in the marketplace. We need honest, hard-working, smart people who want to get involved with a growing, energetic team at the ground level. There is unlimited growth potential with our organization.
Key Responsibility Areas
The role of Energy Auditor and Analyst begins with an inherent attention to detail and a methodical nature. You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a strong team spirit. You will have a strong aptitude in math and physics.
The purpose of the audit is to determine where, when, why and how energy is being used, and to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, thereby reducing energy costs while maintaining or improving the service provided (i.e., occupant comfort). The Key Responsibility Areas for this position are described below.
Energy Audit – Data Collection, Field Surveys, Occupant Interviews
· Conduct historical utility billing analysis and facility benchmarking analysis.
· Gather and interpret facility data from drawings, utility bills and on-site visits and clearly document all assumptions in reporting format (i.e., building size and age, construction type, copies of mechanical and electrical drawings, occupancy details and schedules).
· Building surveys to generate detailed equipment lists, take field measurements (i.e., motor amps), document as-built conditions, collect maintenance records, confirm operating schedules, document physical characteristics such as roofing type and condition, etc.
· Inventory all energy sources including lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, motors, hot water equipment, refrigeration, process equipment, plug loads, kitchen equipment, etc. Document manufacturer, model number, and condition of equipment. Collect detailed, organized pictures for future reference and reporting.
· Quantify performance of existing systems based on control system trends, data loggers, test & balance (TAB) data, and direct observations.
Data Entry and Compilation
· Organization and compilation of collected data using PMC’s developed excel templates. With data in hand to then use excel tools and calculation templates to establish a reconciled energy balance of facility.
Identify and Investigate Energy Efficiency and Conservation Measures
· Consider potential changes / improvements to controls sequences, operating schedules, or other building components that may result in energy savings.
· Work with other PMC team members to identify possible energy savings measures and to then possibly complete additional site visits to investigate implementation details for the development of cost estimates.
Energy Feasibility Study Reports and Incentive Applications
· With the assistance of PMC engineer’s, analyze potential energy efficiency and conservation opportunities, complete analysis and prepare cost-benefit summaries.
· Prepare written summary of building details and audit findings for client and for possible incentive applications.
Post Project Measurement and Verification Processes
· Monitor performance of the energy project and/or retrofit and prepare monthly savings reports for clients and efficiency organizations. Prepare high level summary reports for leadership team and fellow employees.
· Identify when post-project results are not as anticipated and take pro-active steps to remediate.
Continual Commissioning, Process Improvements, Energy Optimization
· Complete monthly energy inspections of the various buildings via a web-based building automation system portal.
· Establish and review keys system trends to identify compliance as well as opportunities for further system improvements.
Training, Education & Qualifications
Preference will be given to those applicants with the best combination of the following skills and personal attributes.
· Previous related industry experience and/or successful completion of an engineering technologist program is a mandatory requirement (i.e., Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology, Energy Systems Engineering Technology).
· Certified Engineering Technologist (CET), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or other related designation considered an asset.
· Courses in HVACR will be considered an asset. Any previous experience in HVAC and controls will also be considered an asset.
· Proficient with MS Office suite and especially Excel is mandatory.
· Excellent communication skills, ease of adaptation, interpersonal skills, strong team spirit. Ability to work with a diverse clientele of professionals.
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Good rigor at work, autonomy, resourcefulness, and strong enthusiasm. Ability to conduct multiple projects simultaneously and work under high pressure.
· Customer service experience. Excellent communication skills. Advisory approach, ability to analyze and understand customer needs.
· Hold a driver's license, own a car and be available for travel throughout Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
Salary and benefits are competitive or above industry standards. If you are interested in becoming involved with a progressive and exciting organization please email.
Application deadline: 2021-07-30
Expected start date: 2021-08-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Drivers License (preferred)