Davis Webb LLP is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility for all persons. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicant’s needs throughout all stages of recruitment and selection process.
Corporate Legal Assistant (Part-time)
What You Bring:
As the ideal candidate, you possess 3+ years' corporate experience supporting a busy Partner. You are technically proficient in the entire MS Office Suite and Acrobat Adobe DC. You possess above average communication (both written and verbal) and thrive in an environment that is consistently pushing you to further your professional development.
About the Role:
- Ability to handle all types of corporate files from start to finish
- Managing and prioritizing all communications, including screening incoming telephone calls, handling correspondence and responding in a timely manner on behalf of the Partner
- Managing the Partner’s calendar and maintaining schedules, ensuring all client meetings and professional appointments are accurately reflected in the Partner’s calendar
- Assisting with intake calls of potential clients
- Preparing required documentation in advance of all meetings
- Maintaining and managing client files, such as opening and closing files in accordance to firm protocols and policies
- Production of accounts and collections
- Half days 4-5 days per week or 2-3 full days per week
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program;
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in corporate law
- Estate law experience is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer and typing skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Convenient location in the heart of Brampton’s downtown core, close to restaurants and transportation;
- Free underground parking
- The opportunity to excel in a dynamic law firm
How to apply:
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected] and quote "Corporate Legal Assistant" in the subject line of your email.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted.
This role is not remote.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 21 per week
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- corporate law: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person