FYidoctors is seeking a Full Time Optician on a Permanent basis at our practice in Burnaby.
The Optician will be responsible for the retail and repair of eyewear products as well as follow-up patient care and has at least one year of previous optical experience. Join us in advancing eye health and enhancing the lives of our patients in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
This team member will work a schedule of 40 hours per week, Mondays through Saturdays.
How You’ll Benefit
- Comprehensive total rewards package
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Educating clients about the best eyewear choices for their lifestyle
- Assisting with selection of frames to suit your client’s aesthetic and performance needs
- Upholding excellent customer service standards using your charisma and problem-solving skills
- Performing repairs and adjustments to patients’ eyewear
- Contributing to store retail sales goals
The Successful Candidate
- Minimum one years’ experience in an optical environment
- Passionate about customer experience; a great communicator who can provide exceptional patient care
- Committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous retail experience an asset
FYidoctors is an exciting entrepreneurial company that started as a small group of 30 optometrists. In just 12 years we have grown to more than 3,000 employees with more than 265 locations across the country. Today, as Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider and winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, our team of respected leaders from provincial and national optometric associations bring experience, dedication, and a commitment to the values that have long been associated with optometry.
From our lab to our practices to our home office, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our patients and maintaining a positive, supportive environment where all our people can thrive and grow professionally and personally. Together, we proudly stand for the strength of the optometric profession and the preservation of patient care.
How to Apply
All applications will be sent to the attention of the hiring manager.
Our careers page can be found here; https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page. Search Optician, and the preferred location when navigating the careers site.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.