Lookout Point Country Club Limited is a private members golf club located in Fonthill, ON in the Niagara Peninsula. The golf course is a 1922 Walter J. Travis design and is situated on the scenic Niagara Escarpment. The employees of Lookout Point Country Club are committed to providing its membership with the highest level of quality service possible.
The (GSA) willreport directly to the Golf Operations Managers.
The (GSA) is expected to be visible and to ensure member satisfaction, while maximizing revenues through the sales of products and services in the Golf Shop. The (GSA) is expected to be an "ambassador" for the department in greeting members and their guests. The (GSA) is also expected to assist in leadership of the Member Services Department by working selected hours alongside the Member Services team as to be determined by the Golf Operations Managers (an example would be approximately 12 Hours in the Golf Shop / 12 hours working in Member Services)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL LOOKOUT POINT EMPLOYEES
· Be courteous, respectful and engage with appropriate conversation and business with members, guests and employees.
· To follow all procedures and policies along with all other employees as outlined in our employee handbook and code of conduct.
· The GSA will be required to carry out the procedures set in place for all scheduled shifts.
· Ensure, on a daily basis, that the level of service that is being given in all department areas will exceed expectations.
GOLF SHOP DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support & assist with all Club events as well as weekly Men’s & Ladies Days
· Be an outstanding salesperson of all Golf Shop merchandise and provide direction to fellow staff members on Golf Shop displays and promotions.
· Complete all product knowledge training as assigned.
· Achieve and exceed individual and team sales targets as defined by the Golf Shop Manager.
· Carry out the Day to Day Opening and Closing procedures.
· Receive and make phone calls in a Professional manner.
· Accurately complete bookings for Lookout Point members and their guests.
· Work with the Starter’s to maintain the accuracy of the daily tee sheet ensuring that rounds of golf, pace of play, carts taken and all rounds are accurately recorded.
· Balance and review for accuracy your daily POS chits, credit cards, debits and cash transactions to meet the requirements of the Administration Department.
· Maintain a clean and tidy work area and sales floor at all times.
MEMBER SERVICES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the setup and tear down of member and corporate events
· Properly store and clean members’ clubs, kaddys and batteries (if applicable)
· Carts to be cleaned and maintained each time they are used.
· Carts inspected and prepared (tees, towels, ice, divot mix etc.) before being sent out for daily use.
· Assist in setup, teardown, and daily maintenance (including picks) of the driving range and practice areas.
· Back Shop area to be kept clean and free of debris at all times
Please note that duties will be added, deleted or assigned as required.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
· Possess a desire to go above and beyond on a daily basis
· Strong communicator with excellent organizational skills
· Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to deal with a cross-section of internal and external customers in an efficient, timely and congenial manner.
· Must be computer literate
· Previous retail experience an asset.
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
· Smart Serve certified
· Staff pricing on apparel & golf merchandise
· 50% discount on meals (on days you work)
· Playing privileges
Posting Closes: Friday, March 6, 2020 at 12:00pm
Lookout Point Country Club is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Lookout Point is committed to accommodating people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations, we will work to meet your needs.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Personal information will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
- Discounted/free food
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)