Omex Manufacturing is an Automotive Manufacturer located in Stratford, Ontario. Omex's core competencies include precision metal stampings, welding and robotic and manual assemblies.
Press Set-up Operator
Press Set-up Operator Responsibilities are as follows, but not limited to:
- Setup and operation of minimum 400+ ton presses
- Experience with Wayne Trail transfer systems, beneficial
- Ability of use crane for coil handling
- Understanding of pay-off systems
- Ability to feed material through dies
- Understanding of processes within the tool
- ie Die Protection, lubrication, air ejector and safety devices.
- Manually load unformed or partly formed parts in press, as required
- Performs start-ups and/or set-ups
- Prepare first-off parts and submit to QA for approval, prior to run
- Ability to check dimensional characteristics using various measurement devices
- Report quality concerns and problems with dies or material to Supervisor
- Properly record production in ShopEdge
- High School graduate or equivalent Manufacturing experience
- Mechanical background
- Basic math and writing skills
- Ability to use micrometer, calipers and measuring instruments, as required
- Some degree of physical strength
- Computer literacy, an asset
Omex provides a competitive wage including Company paid benefits and RRSP plan.
If you feel you possess the above skills and are interested in joining our Omex team, please forward your resume via mail, email or drop off to:
AC Omex Manufacturing
PO Box 546
251 Lorne Ave
Stratford, ON N5A 6T7
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing candidates, whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position.
We are committed to providing an equitable and accessible environment. We will make reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
In additional to our regular PPE all employees are required to have a daily temperature check at the beginning of their shift and wear a face mask or shield.
- Transfer Press: 1 year (Preferred)