We are seeking a Dog Handler / Kennel Attendant to join our team at Dog World!
This job offers an opportunity to work directly with our clients and their dogs. A passion and love for dogs of all kinds is a must!
There are multiple different shifts available, including start times of either 7:15 am, 2 pm, or 7:30 pm. As we operate 24/7, weekend and holiday availability is also necessary. All staff members must have a reliable method of transportation as public transit is not available in our area.
- Exercising the dogs both mentally and physically through daily walks, group activities, treadmill sessions, basic grooming, obedience, and individual attention.
- Feeding and administering a variety of medications (both oral and topical) as per the instructions of the owner
- Maintaining positive client relationships by being friendly, warm and welcoming while performing detailed check-ins.
- Previous experience in animal care
- Passion for animal care and a desire to learn new dog care and training skills
- Ability to confidently supervise dogs of all breeds, temperaments, ages and sizes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to perform all job duties to a high standard in a safe and responsible manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be on one's feet and walking for several hours in a day
- Ability to lift dogs and items of up to 50 lbs
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please submit your application by e-mail or by responding directly to this posting.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Animal Care: 1 year (Required)