Clipwire is one of Canada's fastest growing mobile video game companies and the creator of Bingo Story, the top grossing game by a Canadian developer. Founded in Toronto 10 years ago, we’ve had tremendous success and are poised for another decade of record growth. Our company is built on strong values, work ethic and intelligent data driven growth. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day, which has allowed us to build a highly profitable suite of games which we continue to refine and improve every day. We like to think we’re making our moms proud.
To work at Clipwire means being part of a strong healthy team that loves what they do. We have reached our exceptional growth rate because we support, promote and develop our team so that they can make a better and better game. Come find out what all the buzz is about!
Who You are
You are passionate about developing games and working with others to shape the continued growth of the company and its culture. You have a strong background in the creation of functional game UI and an intuitive understanding of what makes user interfaces work, how to create brand consistency and the creation of UI style guides. Our team is small which means you can strongly influence the team's art and development practices with room to grow your career. A love for mobile bingo or casino games is a definite plus!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work on developing the gaming experience with a multidisciplinary team of game designers, programmers, artists and product managers to shape ideas, wireframe mockups and user flows, and prototype interactions
- Create in-game graphics from the concept phase to the final polished delivery of the product (menus, dialogs, icons, overlays, etc.)
- Construct UI that maintains and develops a consistent visual identity for current and upcoming titles
- Build style guides and UI libraries to ensure interface and design consistency
- Own typography and typesetting across all in game content
- Integrate final assets into the Unity Game Engine
- Evaluate and mitigate UI implementation limitations and risks while delivering best in class work
- Become familiar with graphic references to understand the artistic director’s intentions
- Participation in the establishment of production schedule and meet deadlines
- Carry out other related tasks
- Nice to have: ability to animation your own motion graphics
- Degree in art / graphics or equivalent
- 5-8 years specifically in the mobile game industry in the role of UI artist on at least one published game
- Demonstrable knowledge of UI / UX flow and functional design specifically to mobile games
- Expertise with UI authoring tool sets (Photoshop, Illustrator, Unity...etc.)
- Good working knowledge of After Effects and / or other motion design software
- Ability to follow production processes and pipelines
- Portfolio that illustrates persistent style beats within any given title
- Consistently intuitive interfaces that demonstrate expertise in mobile game usability
- Versatility of visual styles
- Strong wireframe and prototyping skills that demonstrate a deep understanding of user behavior
- Ability to integrate UI designs and assets into a game engine (Unity, Unreal...etc.)
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
- In-depth understanding of the mobile game production process
We’re even more interested if you have the following skills:
- Experience with in-game monetization funnel designs
- Experience with animation and / or VFX
- A passion for mobile games and competitive intelligence
How to Apply
- Include a link to your online portfolio in your cover letter. Note if any work in your portfolio is collaborative please indicate which parts are yours
- Please be sure the link to your portfolio works!
Clipwire Games welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mobile Game UI artist: 3 years (Required)
- strong spoken and written English (Required)