Job Number: 90944
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Cancer Centre
Organization: RADIATION ONCOLOGY
Status: Casual Job Part-time
Hours per week: .01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.9801 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 26.5102
Post Date: Sep 20, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Sep 27, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
The Radiation Therapy Department of the Juravinski Cancer Centre is an expanding program that provides state-of-the-art treatment and comprehensive support for Radiation Therapy patients. The department includes a School of Radiation Therapy with Clinical Coordinators, and a treatment and administrative staff that include Radiation Therapists, Clerks, Secretaries, and Health Care Aides. Currently there are 10 Linear Accelerators, one Ortho-Voltage machine, and one HDR Brachytherapy suite, with an equipment upgrade in progress for the near future.
Reporting to the Manager, Radiation Therapy, the Health Care Aide functions as a member of the HDR Brachytherapy Health Care Team, by supporting patient care through equipment and supply management, maintenance of a clean, safe environment and participation in selected patient care activities. The HCA provides unit support to brachytherapy patients, families and those providing service and/or care. Functions according to the job description for Health Care Aide.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday, days
1. Grade 10 education; must be able to read and write English proficiently
2. Completion of Personal Support Worker or Health Care Aide Certificate
3. Complete Heart and Stroke Foundation course in CPR (completed within the last 12 months)
4. Completed CSAO Techniques course and willingness to re-certify as per standards
5. Minimum 2 years technical experience in a similar role (the handling, reprocessing and care of delicate equipment) within a health care environment
6. Experience maintaining and stocking materials and supplies
7. Computer familiarity or willingness to learn computer skills as required
8. Working knowledge of Universal Precautions and WHMIS
9. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills
10. Demonstrated initiative and judgment appropriate for the position
11. Ability to accept assigned or delegated functions, set priorities and organize work accordingly
12. Ability to lift using appropriate lifting techniques and bend, push and pull using good body techniques
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement