The URD Foreman will be responsible for the supervision of all underground residential distribution construction activies that take place on the work site, ensuring high standards of workmanship and efficiency. The URD Foreman will be responsible for the management of all on-site workers and the enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. All work crews and individuals on-site shall take direction from the URD Foreman, who is responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work. This individual will be responsible for the efficient use of labour, machines and equipment by their crew, and will report such things as personnel, costs and safety. Other responsibilities will include the planning and scheduling of work and the maintaining of records of all materials used and the progress made on a job. The URD Foreman will be required to assist in construction work. Other duties will be assigned when necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate the actions of crewmembers during URD construction projects.
- Read blueprints and interpret information.
- Operate site vehicles and other machinery or equipment.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- Assist with the initial mobilization and set up of the construction site.
- Ensure the efficient use of labour, machines and materials used by the crew.
- Take an active role in the selection, training, assignment and supervision of project staff, including monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
- Report problems to management.
- Keep the project on time and on budget.
- Assist in the resolution of issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting to Site Supervisors.
- Provide coaching and training to crewmembers.
- Ensure compliance with the Copperline Excavating Ltd health and safety training and reporting requirements.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Appropriate credentials and certifications.
- 5 years’ experience in URD.
- 3 - 5 years' experience as a Foreman.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of traffic control for construction sites.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Computer literate.
Job Type: Full-time
- URD: 5 years (Preferred)