Financial Accountant – Land and Housing
We are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to provide support to the Manager, Financial Reporting
with respect to financial accounting and preparation of financial statements for those projects assigned.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Oversight over the reconciliation of deposit accounts including validating the amounts recorded in
the ERP system against the Agreement of Purchase and Sale Agreement.
- Oversight over the reconciliation of trust accounts which includes obtaining balance confirmation
from third parties and verifying the amount recorded in the ERP system against the Agreement of
Purchase and Sale.
- Oversight over the reconciliation of loan draw/repayment amounts recorded in the ERP system to
third party loan statements.
- Reconciliation of financial statements to project job cost reports.
- Creation of journal entries required to allow for completion of project financial reporting.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements as required for assigned
- Mentorship and sharing of knowledge with colleagues.
- A minimum of 3 years of financial reporting or accounting experience
- Post-secondary education or suitable professional training and experience
- Previous real estate exposure preferred
- Exceptional capabilities in Microsoft Excel
- Proven use of SQL and VBA or similar is preferred
- Previous experience with Newstar or similar ERP software preferred
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to meet tight timelines
- Mature, pleasant and professional demeanor
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Highly organized and ability to process large volumes of information
- Manage changing and conflicting priorities
- empower our people to strive for creativity, uniqueness, and distinction.
- are driven by values of Integrity, Commitment, Innovation, Attention, Balance, Gratitude, and