Are you enjoying working from home? If you’re discovering that you’re more productive at home than in an office and want to make that arrangement permanent, we may have the position you’re after.
At CarriersEdge, we’re focused on producing great quality products and happy customers. We don’t care about being the coolest company in town, having the most amazing office perks, or the hippest staff. If you’re interested in those things, you’ll hate us.
On the other hand, if you’re not looking for a social group and just want to do great work, then you may be exactly what we’re looking for. We don’t care where you work and we won’t be looking over your shoulder micromanaging you. You’ll have minimal meetings disrupting your week, and plenty of time to focus on doing the best job possible. We’re growing quickly, but not so quickly that things are chaotic.
As part of that growth, we’ve got an opening for a Marketing Coordinator - Social Media / Events.
The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with a solid foundation in the skills outlined below, and a keen interest in continuing to develop those skills.
This isn’t a big company with layers of bureaucracy and committees for every decision. It’s also not an agency where you’ll get crushed by client demands and deadlines. Our business is established and stable, but still small enough that we can move quickly. If this sounds like where you want to be, send us your résumé and let’s talk.
- You’re an experienced and passionate social media manager who's comfortable serving both B2B and B2C audiences.
- You prioritize quality over quantity, with a preference for fewer, higher quality posts over a flood of meaningless content. You know how to keep content fresh but still focused and consistent.
- Your detailed, analytical focus forces you to dig into the data, and you’re completely at home producing reports and trend analyses.
- You’re a motivated and natural multitasker, at ease managing multiple projects and tasks with overlapping timelines and deliverables. You may not be a jack-of-all-trades, but you’re a jack- or jill-of-many.
- You’re experienced and comfortable planning live events, from webinars to in-person conferences, demonstrating focus and discipline in execution.
- Manage the online presence of multiple brands through various social media channels, writing copy for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn posts
- Coordinate and oversee monthly webinars, virtual presentations, and in-person speaking events
- Coordinate the organization and execution of tradeshow and conference exhibits
- Produce and analyze reports on performance of various marketing activities, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement
- Assist with execution of current ad campaigns across digital channels
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field
- 4+ years of full-time experience in a similar role, preferably in a B2B capacity
- 3+ years of social media experience in a corporate or agency environment
- Excellent social media writing skills, with a proven ability to capture customer sentiment and engage the audience
- Direct experience with social media management and support tools (e.g. Sprout Social, Constant Contact)
- Proven ability to execute and maintain a marketing calendar, keeping initiatives on track and on schedule
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles and best practices for social media desktop and mobile platform layouts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Demonstrated ability to execute scheduled events, both online and in-person
- Strong verbal communication, collaboration, and multitasking skills
- Comfort with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office
- Experience working with multiple brands simultaneously is an asset
- Experience serving the transportation industry is an asset
- This is a remote position suitable for individuals with disabilities
- Principals only, no recruiters please
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Marketing Coordinator: 4 years (preferred)
- Social media management: 3 years (required)