CRC Health Centre is looking for a full-time medical assistant to work within a busy clinic. Our multi-disciplinary team includes physicians, specialists, nurses, office managers, medical office assistants, pharmacists, pharmacy assistants and a clinical counsellor. If you are detail-oriented, you have integrity, resiliency, and a strong work ethic, and can anticipate potential areas of concerns, we are looking for you. The successful applicant will be joining a team of full time and part-time MOAs, so teamwork and strong communication skills are essential.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits packages, and a great working environment. This position can help you build a life-long career in medical services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments using the EMR system
- Maintain office flow with essential interaction with our primarily Mandarin-speaking and Cantonese speaking patients.
- Receive payments
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and record
- Provide full clerical services as required to proficiently complete the day to day activities including photocopying, faxing, and word processing as required
- Bring patients into exam rooms, change over and tidy up rooms
- Overall tidiness of the office
- Clean and sterilize instruments, re-shelf back to each room
- Check supplies and re-stock in each exam room if necessary
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Cantonese speaking is required
- Prior work experience as MOA or related education is highly preferred
- Efficient with time and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of MedAccess Telus EMR is an asset but not mandatory
- Attention to detail
- Reliable, flexible, friendly and professional
We thank you for your interest in this position, however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Mandarin (Preferred)
- Cantonese (Required)