Position: Senior Site Reliability Engineering Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Infrastructure Operations Manager
Location: Toronto, ON
Division: Postmedia Digital
Postmedia is Canada leading media publication company and has been at the forefront of the digital space, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. With a team of award-winning journalists, innovative product developers, and talented digital marketing professionals, we strive to bring engaging content to millions of people every day whenever, wherever and however they want it. This exceptional breadth of content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling digital solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
Our Postmedia Digital team is moving at lightning speed on the cutting edge of technology in the digital media space. We are a dynamic small team with a big impact: high speed and autonomy of a start-up.
Currently we have an opening for an experienced Site Reliability Engineering Specialist. As a member of the Engineering Management Team, you will be part of a leading team of Site Reliability Engineering Specialists. You will be focusing on the operation, maintenance and expansion of our infrastructure, both development and production, and rectifying inefficiencies in our processes by offering up solutions for them. You are someone who strives for six 9’s or better in service availability!
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for documentation, Knowledge Transfer (KT), and cross-training
- Help coordinate estimations and capacity planning
- Involved with technical debt reduction
- Collaboration for project planning and keeping an up-to-date roadmap with team
- You’ll work hand-in-hand with all teams to ship our code to production using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- You will work in a collaborative team environment with highly skilled specialists in many areas, including media, distributed systems, cloud platform, service-oriented architecture, and quality analysis.
Who you are:
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- You have 5+ years experience with SRE, DevOps, Ops, Systems Administration, or other similar roles.
- You have experience working in an Agile development environment.
- You have experience working with Configuration Management (CM) systems (Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Chef)
- You have experience writing and maintaining pipelines for deployment in a CD system.
- You have experience with deployment and configuration of automated health monitoring solutions and reacting to alerts created by these systems.
- You have experience with High Availability (HA) capacity planning.
- You have experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCE, or others.
- You have experience with log management, including aggregation, alerting, and graphing.
- Experience in process enhancement, streamlining, and automation
- Experience with a Configuration Management (CM) framework.
- Proficiency in Git, branching strategies and release process
- Experience in object oriented programming
- Advanced knowledge of Linux systems including commands, config, and best practices
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of peers from other groups (PMO, Product Owners, Designers, Release Manager, Manual QA, Automation QA, DevOps, Ops)
- Experience working with pipelines for automated deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with monitoring tools; able to write tests for common services
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)
- Excellent understanding of both relational, and non-relational database system
- Exceptional problem solving skills
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume
Application Deadline: Open until position filled
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- SRE, DevOps, Ops: 5 years (Preferred)