Who are we?
From pioneer to leader in the security industry, Genetec has always been committed to providing the most innovative solutions. Today, we offer world-class IP security solutions with our unified security platform encompassing license plate recognition (LPR), video surveillance and access control. Genetec has been recognized as one of Montreal’s top employers for 13 years running.
Genetec is looking for strong software testers that are passionate about high-tech systems evolving in complex networking architecture and distributed client-servers. You will be expected to understand end-to-end use cases and be good at system level testing and debugging/isolation of the issues as well as following up to ensure the quality of the product.
We are looking for the kind of person that thrives in a changing and challenging environment. Someone who steps up to do whatever is needed without waiting to be asked. Expect to be a full partner, impacting the product, the quality, the processes, and the team’s direction.
Responsibilities:What your day will look like:
- Active participation in test plans, defining and improving test strategies related to various software functionalities within a multidisciplinary agile team
- Develop testwares for product testing and feature integration to the system.
- Develop and maintain traceability matrix related to product requirements.
- Execute and report in an accurate way various test cases to help investigate and repair any found defect.
- Ensure defect repairs.
- Improve testing function by developing new strategies to detect defects early in the process.
- Maintain lab/test environment to ensure testability accuracy.
- Evaluate and estimate test effort and recommend any new improvement in strategy.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment, custom client-server applications and services
- In-depth understanding of how a computer and its operating system work as well as what can affect its performances
- Test certification
- Knowledge of testing strategies and techniques
- Visual Studio, Test Manager and Team Foundation Server 2015
- Knowledge of C# and SQL
- Knowledge of networking (TCP, UDP, HTTP, REST).
- Knowledge of multimedia streaming and associated protocols (RTSP).
- Knowledge of common containers (ASF, MP4, MKV) and codecs (MJPEG, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265).
- Knowledge of IP videosurveillance.
Why you'll love Genetec
- Attractive compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working schedule
- Free, unlimited Starbucks coffee
- Private free parking for all employees
- Onsite gym