Position: Media Strategist
Position Type: Full Time
Location: London, ON
Division: Sun Media
Postmedia is Canada leading media publication company and has been at the forefront of the digital space, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. With a team of award-winning journalists, innovative product developers, and talented digital marketing professionals, we strive to bring engaging content to millions of people every day whenever, wherever and however they want it. This exceptional breadth of content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling digital solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
Are you passionate about marketing - particularly digital marketing tactics like Google Ads, Social Media, and Content Marketing? Postmedia is seeking a Media Strategist to help clients in London advertise more effectively. Working in partnership with our sales team, the Media Strategist is responsible for creating and delivering compelling campaigns that meet our clients’ needs and deliver in full on their expectations.
What you’ll do:
- Develop custom integrated advertising campaign proposals across all Postmedia platforms based on client needs & objectives.
- Analyze and optimize digital campaigns across multiple platforms to ensure campaign is meeting client’s objectives/KPI’s and maximize campaign delivery and revenue
- Support of post-sale due diligence; including general contract management, scheduling, intra-department communications, and providing detailed final campaign reports & recommendations for future campaigns.
- Attend client meetings (4-legged sales calls) with Media Sales Consultants, as required.
Who you are:
- University or College Graduate.
- Minimum 2 years of Digital Media experience.
- High level knowledge of the digital media landscape, integrated advertising trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media, mobile platforms and interactive web applications.
- Analytical & strategic thinker who can interpret data and use that data to show ROI to our clients and help them understand the value of our campaigns.
- Team-player who can champion campaigns while collaborating with sales, booking, production and fulfillment.
- Experience with Google Ads and Google Certifications would be an asset.
- Well-organized, able to work well under deadlines, and comfortable with high-level of accountability for campaign success.
- Ability to train, coach, and motivate team members on multiple digital & print platforms.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on the ability to create professional presentations in Power Point and reports in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written) required.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: December 13, 2019
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Digital Media: 2 years (Preferred)