Supervise and lead assigned Project Management staff members in organizing all aspects of the project execution lifecycle. From the requirement phase, through project retirement/closeout. Directly manage assigned programs, sub-programs, and major projects.
- Drive positive customer experience during project execution.
- Provides consultation on proposal development as required.
- Oversee program’s budget performance.
- Contract validation, program scheduling management, change order administration and negotiations management.
- Resolve all program/project-related issues.
- Focus on P/L driven commercial and contractual obligations.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction for Project Team members.
- Attend/Chair meetings as required to resolve issues and provide status updates.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within a program.
- Develop and implement training to assigned staff and indirect project team members.
- Responsible for program commercial and contract management.
- Effectively work within a multi-organizational/divisional project environment.
- Develops and manages Program Management Plans.
- The key point of contact for all communications between the customer and Powell.
- Responsible for progress reporting.
- Ensures project alignment between customer requirements and company objectives to maximize benefit realization.
- Lead and or participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- BS/BA Degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience or BS/BA Degree with MBA, MS plus six years minimum relevant, progressive work experience.
- Be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or have a management level certification from the Association of Project Management (APM) Previous Project Management experience with P/L responsibilities desirable.
- Previous Project Management managerial or supervisory experience desirable.
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports.
- Experience utilizing Projects related software (i.e., Primavera, Microsoft Projects, Excel and Oracle) with the ability to learn new software programs.
- Expected Competencies to include:
o Business Acumen (Business Strategy, Contract Management).
o Leadership (Inclusiveness, Critical Thinking).
o Technical Project Management (Professional Execution within a formal framework).
o Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a matrix-organized team through the lifecycle of a project.
o Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
o Detail-oriented and results-driven.
o Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on limited information.
o Established ability to negotiate with and influence customers, subcontractors and other key stakeholders.
o Strong focus on customer satisfaction.
o Technically astute.
The employee typically performs duties in a normal office environment. There may be some work in a manufacturing environment and exposure to the elements of our factory. Additionally, there may be some work performed in the field with exposure to construction sites or active customer facilities.
It is the policy of Powell Industries to promote safe working conditions for ALL employees, to make available where necessary special equipment to protect employees against specific hazards, to reduce accidents through prevention programs, and to establish rules that are designed for the safety of all. It is the responsibility of each employee to adhere to this policy, as well as to observe all safety practices and exercise every precaution for the safety of accidents.
This position is expected to travel approximately 5-10% of the time and must be able to travel with short notice and/or for extended periods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to use hands to touch, hold, handle, or feel.
Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending, or descending stairs.
Job Type: Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- project management: 8 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)