Toronto's leading grocery delivery service is looking for a G-Licensed Delivery Driver to join our team. The position is full time, Monday through Friday, starting at 8:15 AM each day.
At least three (3) years of commercial driving experience is required, grocery experience and product knowledge are assets.
Who are we?
Mr. Case has been providing the GTA, Hamilton, and Burlington with unbeatable grocery delivery service for over 35 years with the best brand name food and drink products, fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, paper products, office supplies, and over 30,000 other household and grocery products. Our team works collaboratively to provide high-quality service and products to home, foodservice, and office customers.
Why Work for Mr. Case?
- Competitive benefits package after 3 successful months
- Weekends and statutory holidays off
- Access to discounted prices of all our products
- A culture of teamwork and collaboration
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver orders to homes, offices, restaurants and foodservice businesses while safely driving and operating a company Hino 195 truck.
- Check invoices to ensure products being delivered are correct.
- Ensure that products are delivered in a new and presentable condition.
- Provide exceptional customer service by following customer’s instructions in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
- Rotate stock for customers as requested paying attention to expiry dates of all products.
- Communicate with office staff for any issues or questions throughout the delivery day.
- Collect payment from customers when needed.
- Drive and operate cube truck with the highest level of safety at all times in accordance with the company’s safety policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the housekeeping, fluid level checks, circle checks and needed supplies for the truck.
- Pick up product orders from suppliers for Mr. Case as required.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting will be performed on a regular basis throughout a shift.
Qualifications and Skills
- A valid “G” license with a current and clean abstract and CVOR is a must
- 3 years of commercial driving experience required
- An excellent command of English is required
- Ability to carry fifty (50) pounds up and down at least one flight of stairs
- Physically fit and well-groomed
- Delivery experience and grocery experience are assets
- Strong knowledge of Toronto roads and surrounding areas
- Customer service oriented, professional, detail-oriented and organized
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
All Mr. Case staff is provided with masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer to ensure their and customers' safety. We have increased our sanitization schedule in our warehouse, office and trucks, and continue to follow guidelines provided by health officials.
- Foodservice/Grocery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commercial Driving: 3 years (Required)
- G-Class Driver's Licence (Required)
- Delivering to residential locations
- Delivering to commercial locations
- Heavy lifting