- Provides constituency outreach and strategic planning. Monitors current issues that may have impact on the constituency.
- Ensures that inquiries/concerns are addressed in a timely manner and records are maintained. Follows up on requests/inquiries made by the Councillor to City staff.
- Ensures maintenance of Councillor’s contacts through electronic database or other means.
- Arranges public meetings, meetings with constituents and other community events. Assists and/or represents the Councillor at meetings/events.
- Maintains awareness of ward, community and city-wide municipal matters, and other matters affecting the municipality, the Councillor and his/her constituents.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to issues involving the City and the Councillor, and adheres to the City’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Undertakes special assignments as requested by the Councillor or the Executive Assistant.
- Prepares plaques and letters of commendation for special events as requested.
Knowledge and Experience
- College diploma or University degree in a related field, or equivalent experience, with 1-3 years experience in communications, project management, or as a political staffer.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Understanding of pressing issues, such as housing, public health, transit, social services, equity and social justice.
- Knowledge of City of Toronto divisions, services and constituency reporting processes.
- Advanced knowledge of project management, relationship management and constituency services.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with assignments demanding critical judgement, analytical thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Available to work evenings and occasional weekends as required.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency and experience working in a computerized environment.
The position is a fixed-term, full-time contract until November 2022 (the end of the Council term).
Hours & Compensation: 35 hours per week, not including occasional evenings and weekends (which will be counted as lieu time) . Salary information available upon request. This position includes full health and dental benefits.
Deadline for Application: Friday, October 1st at 5:00 pm. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Staff must be fully vaccinated by October 30, 2021, as required by the City of Toronto’s COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- political staff: 1 year (preferred)