The Front-End Developer will work on a diverse set of projects that allow users to seamlessly interact with technology. The successful candidate will work on the full life cycle development of various projects tied to the strategic priorities of eCampusOntario.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with the responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and participate in the continuous improvement of eCampusOntario’s web experience internally and externally;
- Build high-quality mock-ups, design different prototypes and build staging sites in order to communicate ideas and solutions with various stakeholders;
- Develop new user-facing features while assuring consistency throughout eCampusOntario’s web experience by respecting our brand guidelines;
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that eCampusOntario’s websites renders well across multiple devices;
- Design a framework for creating user apps that grows with the needs of the eCampusOntario by developing code libraries that can be used for multiple projects;
- Review app and feature coding and plan future website upgrades with the development team;
- Optimize our web applications for maximum speed and scalability;
- Maintain websites and implement any necessary additions or enhancements;
- Identify and troubleshoot various website issues and coding problems;
- Maintain updated knowledge of the development industry and any advancements in the field.
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum qualifications and skills for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a relevant field of study;
- 2+ years in a front-end development role;
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications;
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites;
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers;
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages;
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML);
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (i.e. Git and Github);
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools such as Gimp or Photoshop;
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
Desirable (considered an asset):
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical persons at all levels, including staff, clients, executives and vendors;
- Bilingual. English and French would be desirable;
- Ability to effectively manage resources to address competing priorities.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter that speaks to why they should be considered for the role, no later than December 15, 2018.
Job Type: Full-time