Champlain Regional College is seeking the services of a full-time replacement position as Administrative Agent Class I to work for the Dean of Student Services and with the Student Services Team at Champlain Regional College (Lennoxville Campus).
Reporting to and working closely with the Dean of Student Services, the incumbent will provide support by coordinating and executing various academic and administrative tasks related to several requests as a member of the Champlain Lennoxville Student Services Team. Executing administrative tasks, such as organizing various social, cultural, and recreational activities. Providing answers to general and recurrent questions from students, colleagues, and community members. Assessing requests and directing them to the appropriate resources when required. The incumbent will play an important role in the cohesion and proper functioning of the Student Services Team.
Administrative duties (60%)
- Inform and direct current and prospective students and parents to the appropriate service within the College community: Gather, evaluate, and communicate the relevant information in order to direct students and ensure they receive the proper support, improving the student experience and success;
- Apply a systematic approach to provide efficient follow-ups while respecting strict timelines within the scope to assist the Student Services Team. Ensure timely communication following students’ requests by answering inquiries by e-mail, telephone, or in person. Ensure timely communication or follow-up on requests from professors and/or other staff members;
- Participate in and organize the planning and implementation of a wide variety of Campus activities to encourage student development and community building such as orientation, open house, graduation, wellness initiatives, sexual violence and prevention training, etc.;
- Ensure the Student Services website is up to date;
- Make recommendations and prepare reports in line with the strategic objectives of the College and Student Services;
- Perform other related administrative tasks as needed, in conjunction with Student Services staff such as managing appointments for students, maintaining the agenda of the Dean of Student Services, and taking meeting minutes;
- Maintain distribution lists and send communications for the Dean of Student Services and Student Services staff using different platforms.
Support for equity-seeking students (30%)
- Maintain and update a confidential filing system for all students who have self-identified as such and/or requested accommodation;
- Prepare letters to be inserted into the permanent files of students. Ensure there is a diagnosis and service plan in the confidential filing system maintained by Student Services;
- Prepare forms and other such documentation that may be required;
- Help with setting up exam rooms and supervision for students requiring accommodation during exam periods;
- Maintain statistics and student contact information;
- Correspond with professors regarding student accommodation requirements.
- Carry out any related tasks assigned by the Dean of Student Services.
- In-depth knowledge of the procedures, regulations, and directives applicable to Student Services.
- A diploma of vocational studies (DEP) with an appropriate specialty or a secondary school diploma (DES), or a diploma or an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority, and have at least 1 year of experience.
- Bilingual (advanced knowledge of French and English - written and spoken).
- Decision-making ability to organize work priorities using efficient time management while ensuring student needs.
- Understanding of College administrative processes and collaborating with colleagues.
- Capability to ensure student needs are met and manage multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities.
- Ability to refer to College processes and policies for dealing with emergencies, crises, and/or student dissatisfaction.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish priorities based on the analysis of a student’s needs and/or complaints, and to provide information to colleagues while considering policies, methods, and processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet
- Ability to work autonomously and also collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
Salary Scale :
- Knowledge of student information systems.
- Experience with creating and maintaining databases.
- Experience working with equity-seeking communities.
Start of Posting Period :
End of Posting Period :
Champlain Regional College is an equal opportunity employer and invites candidates to signify their belonging to groups targeted by the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory with your application, therefore please be sure to submit yours.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email inviting you to attach your CV in order for your application to be considered.