Wurth Canada is a high-performance organization that is built on humanistic values-achievement, trust, respect, integrity, accountability, and affiliation. We promote a strong culture that possesses authenticity and encourages crucial conversations and boldness. If you are looking for the opportunity to make a real impact, be part of a growing organization and grow personally and professionally, you have a future at Wurth!
Wurth Canada is currently in search of a Product Compliance Specialist who will be responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of compliance and risk assessment for Wurth Canada. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will lead operational reviews to assess any non conformances with regulatory obligations and recommend regulatory action when warranted.
Our employees enjoy:
- A culture of empowerment and trust that puts a focus on professional development and coaching from a supportive management team.
- A Monday to Friday opportunity that values work/life balance integration, providing flexibility within the day-to-day role.
- Strong compensation
- Group Benefits Program (Health, dental, life, EAP, etc.) and Pension Plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 5 paid sick days. Company-wide vacation time at end of the year.
- A solid onboarding plan with a 6-month mentoring program for new employees
- A corporate recognition platform that promotes appreciation and collaboration providing both intrinsic recognition and monetary rewards.
- An open-door environment that promotes close collaboration within all levels of the organization
- Continued professional development within a privately owned global company that offers both stability and growth opportunities.
A day in the life of a Product Compliance Specialist:
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Reviewing/drafting/documenting compliance paperwork to ensure no compliance issues
- Monitor regulatory changes and requirements
- Regulatory research on existing ISO 9001-2015 designation (and preparation for any future iterations)
- Assisting with the establishment, maintenance and effectiveness of systems, processes, policies, and procedures
- Collaborating in the development and implementation of the compliance review and regulatory audit programs to provide appropriate level of regulatory scrutiny to areas of regulatory risk
- Analyzing data to understand problems and opportunities for improved regulatory oversigh
- Manage Safety Data sheets to ensure all product ingredients are on the DSL (Domestic Substance List) and review SDS notices for any changes and update where necessary
- Check chemical product compliance for Canada (compare ingredients to DSL) and determine if products can be imported in Canada
- Apply for new product SDS and labels, and monitor compliance of existing label
- Manage stewardship programs (update existing lists, apply to new programs, and create new reports, etc.).
- Work on special projects (new VOC regulations coming in for 2024, Storage Compatibility, French Language Charter, Label Compliance, etc.)
What you will bring to the team:
- Bilingual French/English is an asset
- Deep knowledge of QC systems and processes
- Experience in risk management, compliance, analysis, documentation, and QC procedures and working method
- Experience working with both domestic & international manufacturing partner
- Proven track record of working in a collaborative team environment
- ISO experience
- Background in industrial supplies including (but not limited to) tools, abrasives, chemicals, etc is an asset
- Entrepreneurial and resilient by nature; a self-starter who thrives in a flexible and growth-drive environment
- A high level of alignment with the company’s Corporate Values such as collaboration, integrity, respect, and achievement.
- Comfort utilizing Microsoft suite and other software applications is mandatory.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strategic contingency-planning skills
- Ability to deal continuously with confidential information and work under tight deadlines
- Strong writing and reading skills
- Able to work and find solutions independently
- Bachelor’s degree in regulatory compliance, environmental regulation, or an equivalent technical degree
- 2+ years compliance experience and in-depth working knowledge of environmental regulations governing B2B products or consumer goods
- Experience with substantive and process requirements essential to accomplish compliance with environmental regulations governing B2B hardware products or consumer goods, such as certification processes, declarations of conformity, BOM review and component assessment, certification maintenance, regulatory filings, and proof of compliance is an asset
Our parent company, the Würth Group is a family-owned globally operating sales organization with over 82,000 employees in 80 countries. Our Wurth sales team caters to clients from a range of different industries such as Automotive- dealerships, garages, and body shops, Cargo – heavy-duty equipment (farming/agriculture, trucking, construction leasing) municipalities, Metal – fabrication, welding, HVAC/plumbing, manufacturing, etc., Construction – General Contractors, and On-Site).
Würth Canada is an equal employer and encourages/promotes a diverse workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, national origin, or disability status. Please contact a member of the HR team if accommodation is required during any point of the recruitment process.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements. Wurth Canada is looking for individuals that are driven to grow themselves and we provide the necessary training to be successful within the industry. We value career development and growth. However, a strong cultural fit is necessary!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person