At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Reporting to the Market Director, the Store Manager is responsible for overall store operation, sales and margin performance and management of all store personnel. The Store Manager (SM) executes Lowe s business strategy through:
- Leading teams and reacting with agility to internal and external factors;
- Developing key relationships, including customer, workforce and community that improve business results; and
- Empowering teams to deliver superior customer service that produces positive business results.
In addition, the SM is ultimately accountable for overall store expenses, merchandising standards, policy and procedure compliance, safety, security, supervision, training, mentoring and scheduling of all personnel and any other duties as assigned.
The qualifications we are looking for
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- Min of 5+ years of previous retail management and people leadership experience in a big box retail environment, such as drug store, grocery, hard lines, or general merchandise categories.
- Functional hands on knowledge of retail merchandising, operations and retail management practices and procedures.
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching, counseling and developing associates in a retail environment.
- A strong customer service orientation and focus.
- Effective organizational, communication (written and oral) and problem solving skills.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing big box retail environment.
- A Bachelor s Degree in Business is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel & Outlook
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.