Our mission is to fight climate change. Mysa, the first smart thermostat for high voltage electric baseboard heating, has been saving energy usage, and costs, for thousands of homeowners. Through innovative technology, driving energy efficiency and conservation, our product is designed to help the world become more environmentally friendly and sustainable. Our desire is to rapidly expand our product line across various North American markets, while building a work environment and culture that brings out the best in our people.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and energetic Electrical Technician to become a valuable member of our team to help build, test, troubleshoot and modify the electrical and electronic components used in Mysa’s product lines.
What You Will Do:
- Support the hardware design team in the specification and construction of new products from prototype through to production and commercial release
- Assist in selecting, installing and testing electronic components
- Assist in building and testing prototypes to specifications
- Anticipate and diagnose quality problems
- Maintain the hardware lab including electronic component tracking system management and inventory control
Who You Are:
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical Technology/Design from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in soldering techniques for fine pitch surface mount components
- Proficient ability to read PCB layout and schematic diagrams
- Ability to debug digital circuits using logic analysers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Ability to interpret and test design requirements and to document results
- Experience with embedded communication protocols; I2C, SPI, UART, etc considered an asset
- Experience with embedded systems and/or knowledge of analog and digital design techniques considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent communication skills
- A high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, reasoning, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organization skills; Ability to multi-task several priorities and deadlines simultaneously
At Mysa, we believe people are the heart of our business – and we appreciate each individual’s unique qualities and diverse experiences. So, if this role sounds exciting to you, and you fit most of the criteria, do not hesitate to apply - we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with a cover letter and resume, identifying the job title “Electrical Technician” in the subject line of your submission.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Job Type: Full-time