Join the FunctionAbility team in Greater Toronto Area!
If you are an Occupational Therapist who is passionate about helping others we want to hear from you. We offer competitive pay, benefits and a challenging clinical environment that allows our team members to balance work and family priorities. FunctionAbility also ensures our therapists have the support they need to deliver the best care possible to our clients. This including:
One on one clinical supervision
A robust orientation and ongoing training programs
Ongoing education and in-house learning opportunities
Access to the largest network of therapists in the province
We are Ontario’s leading multidisciplinary provider of community-based rehabilitation services treating people who suffered traumatic and acquired neurological injuries, and severe orthopedic injuries. We provide rehabilitation services to clients in their home, work and school settings.
The successful candidates will possess the following traits:
- Motivated self-starter with superior technical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Computer skills (i.e. ability to work in MS Word and Outlook);
- Great interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with different personality types;
- A minimum of two years clinical experience;
- Work well both independently and as part of a group;
When part of our team, the successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Initial Home/Safety/Attendant Care Assessments.
- Facilitate discharge planning for clients from acute care/rehab settings.
- Assessment and Treatment of individuals suffering from various neurological and orthopedic disorders/injuries.
- Assist clients in establishing and meeting meaningful goals within their home and community setting
- Liaise with various community partners and rehab professionals to facilitate client goals and independence.
- A university degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Valid Drivers Licence and Access to an Automobile.
Find out more about us!
Job Type: Full-time
- occupational therapy: 1 year (Preferred)