On behalf of our client, GableCraft Homes at Royal Bay, we are searching for an experienced construction or development Senior Purchasing & Estimating Manager in Victoria, BC, who will focus on streamlining purchasing and estimating processes and building strong local B2B relationships. In this full-time, permanent position, extensive construction materials experience, local supplier knowledge, and an innovative and goal-oriented outlook are required. Keeping costs in line while improving service and quality, and removing redundancies are key aspects of this position.
This leadership position will focus on:
Capacity Planning – ensuring adequate trade and supplier capacity is in place to achieve GableCraft’s business objectives.
Competitive Pricing – ensuring the pricing from trade and supplier partners reflects GableCraft’s volume and relative position in the marketplace.
Value Engineering – providing valuable feedback to the product development process to ensure GableCraft provides high perceived value in its product offerings.
Purchasing Efficiency – working with all departments to ensure GableCraft is applying best-in-class systems, approaches and practices to the purchasing and estimating function.
Purchasing Integration – looking for new and innovative ways for purchasing opportunities to span product offerings and to maximize purchasing power.
If you are looking to join a progressive team of development and construction professionals that is developing this exciting new seaside community from the ground up, then we encourage you to apply.
Let’s talk about you:
- A creative thinker who can provide recommendations to problems in a highly time-sensitive environment
- An energetic, self-starter who thrives on meeting high expectations and has the confidence to exceed goals
- Desire to perform product research and sophisticated financial analysis
- Superior organizational, project management and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess their completeness
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and project deadlines, and to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Effective communicator with the desire to build and grow relationships
- Works well independently and as part of a team
What else you bring:
- 5+ years recent, related experience working in estimating or purchasing in Victoria’s construction trade / development sectors
- Completion of post-secondary education with a degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering, Commerce or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- APICS, CIPS and PMAC Procurement Certifications considered an asset
- Practical knowledge and understanding of building practices and terms in order to communicate easily and ability to think like a builder and be able to estimate rough-ins, match volume, etc.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing, contract and vendor management with an understanding of the value of building long-term business relationships
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Excel and Word) Outlook required
About GableCraft Homes and the Community:
Royal Bay is a Seaside Master-Planned Community Development located in Colwood, B.C. Planned for several thousand new homes with additional commercial and retail amenities, Royal Bay is a unique and exciting new development that has seen major construction activity since 2016 that that quickly made a notable positive impact on the Westshore.
Royal Bay will continue to grow rapidly and this is an exciting opportunity to join a locally based team with larger corporate relationships across Western Canada.
In addition to being a leading home builder, GableCraft Homes is the land developer and property manager responsible for municipal approvals, land subdivision, planning, and building of future commercial zones and community amenities such as public parks, trails and roadways.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements of this position. This position is based in Victoria, BC. If you are not currently located in Victoria, BC, please address relocation in your application.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- construction and development sector estimating or purchasing: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- * APICS, CIPS and PMAC Procurement (Preferred)