Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Ignace location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Industrial Millwright, Ignace Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Industrial Millwright, Ignace Sawmill
The Ignace Sawmill, located in Ignace, Ontario enjoys a prime geographic location for Northwest Ontario; and direct access to its raw materials, which provides an advantage to ensure the sustainability of our operation and the job security of staff.
Our facility is looking for qualified individuals to fill an Industrial Millwright position. This is a permanent, full-time position.
We encourage both individual effort and teamwork, mutual aid, as well as occupational health and safety.
What you gain by working with us:
- A base salary of $34.72 per hour
- Shift Premium of $.55 per hour
- Retention Payment
- The opportunity to work overtime paid at time and a half
- Benefits Package (health, dental, life insurance, disability, etc)
- A RRSP retirement plan with employer contribution + Optional matching 2%
- Work Travel Assistance Program
- Health Club Reimbursement program
- Referral bonuses
- A personal and family assistance program
- A training and development support program
- A social club that offers you a wide range of activities to do with your colleagues and family;
- A workplace based on respect, diversity, and inclusion
- Apply the required health and safety, environmental and quality procedures
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
- Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
- Perform preventive maintenance and carry out modification work on the various equipment;
- Improve, optimize and diagnose different control, artificial vision power and servo systems;
- Respond to production calls during downtime;
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
- Industrial or Construction Mechanic/Millwright certification
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in related industrial environment
- Your uncompromising approach to safety is recognized
- You have recognized relational skills and you like teamwork;
- You are available for mill 12 hour operational shift schedules.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
To be considered for this position, please apply today! To be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Ignace is a great place to live! It’s situated on the shores of Agimak Lake and is a gateway to the remote rivers, lakes, waterfalls and forests that surround it. There is an abundance of outdoor activities to enjoy, while in the colder months, the Township of Ignace transforms itself into a winter playground.
Residents love to ski, snowshoe, ice fish and the Ignace Otters Snowmobile Club sponsors special events on the trail network. Located on the Trans-Canada Highway/ Highway 17 (2 ½ hours west of Thunder Bay; 100km east of Dryden; and 5 ½ hours east of Winnipeg) on the eastern gateway to Ontario’s Sunset Country in Northwestern Ontario. More information about the region is available at http://town.ignace.on.ca/
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.