Neighbourly Pharmacy is looking for a Front Store Manager In Training to join our Eastern Canada Regional team.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is Canada's largest and fastest-growing network of community pharmacies. With over 290 locations, our team of experienced industry leaders is passionate about providing exceptional patient care to our communities. We have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We know that our people are our most valuable asset, and we take pride in helping our employees realize their career goals.
The Front Store Manager In Training is responsible for operating the entire front store for a period of time at different locations where required. This role provides the unique opportunity to learn the various aspects of front store operations within the Neighbourly Pharmacy values . This includes various duties such as handling customer transactions, staff scheduling/training, merchandising of products, ordering, and receiving, assisting in month-end billing, reporting, scheduling, and other various duties as required.
This role will lead to becoming permanent in one location, once a home store becomes available.
Objective: To oversee the entire operation of the front store including adherence to Neighbourly Pharmacy’s policies, development of a professional image, supervision of front store personnel, and maintaining profitable front store operations.
Job Types: Full-time permanent
- Lead and participate in initiatives to achieve the store’s strategic objectives.
- Participates in self-development activities related to current job function or future career growth.
- Ensure superior customer service is always provided.
- Promote the Neighbourly Pharmacy brand through publishing, presenting, and participation in industry associations to improve brand awareness.
- Follow and promote the Neighbourly Pharmacy policy manual to inspire a working environment that attracts and retains talented, committed, and engaged employees.
- Ensure all existing and new staff adhere to store policies. Take appropriate corrective actions where violations of store policies occur.
- Manage practices regarding returns, complaints, store security, and employee discounts. Delegate such responsibility to responsible staff members.
- Carry out or delegate responsibility for cash handling, daily reports, banking, and deposits.
- Ensure proper store opening and closing, security alarm activation, and all day-end procedures.
- Ensure proper store maintenance, building security, and all store cleanliness and general housekeeping guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that the store projects to customers a warm, friendly, and service-oriented image.
- Establish a good relationship within the business community.
- Ensure that all areas of the front store are clean, neat, and professional.
Front Store Personnel
- Manage front store staff in all Front Store aspects.
- Train all front store employees and ensure that all front store staff perform job duties by their job descriptions.
- Coordinate work schedules for all front store personnel.
- Supervise all front store personnel in day-to-day operations.
- In coordination with Human Resources, hire, discipline, and terminate front store employees as needed.
- Ensure that the front store is always operated professionally, including maintaining courteous customer service.
Inventory and Buying
- Ensure proper inventory control in all departments as per budgets and preferred supplier programs are followed.
- Assist the store operator in budgeting, buying, inventory, and pricing objectives; work to maximize gross margins.
- Set promotional objectives; ensure proper ordering and set-up of the sales.
- Develop an awareness of the competition and marketplace; Carry out changes in promotions, product mix, or merchandising to keep up to date.
- Ensure invoices are checked against purchase orders.
- Ensure that all shrinkage is controlled in areas such as returns, paid outs, and internal and external theft, and proper pricing and receiving guidelines are followed.
- Manage Monthly Cycle Count Schedule and inventory reporting to Neighbourly Pharmacy Inventory Manager.
- Handle sales representatives utilizing the POS system and check suggested orders from reps for approval; ensure all claims, damages, and returns are handled.
- Attend buying shows when necessary; carry-out necessary preparation before the show.
- Coordinate with the receiver all retail pricing in keeping with store policy and local competition. Ensure all items on the shelf are priced properly, with the correct description, order number, and UPC. Make sure new shelf labels are put out for price changes as soon as possible.
- Support the receiver in checking costs, quantities, or terms discrepancies.
- Coordinate with the receiver to ensure the maintenance and ordering of adequate stock of store supplies such as bags etc.
- Ensure all sections are kept up to date regarding planogram maintenance to ensure the proper product mix and merchandising are in place.
- Ensure daily facing of all sections, replenishment of stock and new products, and delegate such responsibilities to Sales Clerks.
- Coordinate all signage and POP materials including correct placement of window banners, promotional signage, and sale shelf talkers.
- Ensure all aspects of merchandising standards are always in place.
- Operate the front store within the guidelines and objectives of Neighbourly Pharmacy.
- Participate in setting financial operating budgets and policy objectives with Neighbourly Pharmacy both on a long-term and short-term basis.
- Ensure proper record-keeping, reporting, and timely communication with the Neighbourly Pharmacy Accounting Office.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to travel and relocate to various parts of Ontario for a period of time
- Experience managing a retail store.
- Knowledge of managing and training teams.
- Strong people management and leadership abilities.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Due to this position’s sensitive nature, the successful candidate must complete a Criminal Record Check.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to delivering accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (preferred)
- Retail management: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: On the road