Retail Sales Associates provide friendly service by actively engaging our customers and by asking probing questions to provide the best quality and efficient customer service.
We are seeking a part-time Retail Sales Associate for our retail store. This position is open to Students who are returning to school in September. There is consideration for extending employment into the upcoming 2021-2022 school year for those students who wish to continue working part-time during the school year.
This position will work weekends and evenings throughout the summer and into the fall if employment is extended.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Engage customers with friendly customer service
- Ask open ended questions to determine customers' needs or wants
- Make suggestions to help customers fill their needs
- Understand and communicate the features and benefits of our product offering
- Maintain stock on the floor
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe store and inventory room
- General maintenance of store including (but not limited to) vacuuming, mopping, sweeping the sidewalk, dusting
- Some heavy lifting required
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Comfortable on step ladders
- Comfortable with computers and Point of Sale systems
- Ability to multitask
- Keep store merchandising fresh and updated on a regular basis
- Follow store policies and procedures
- Assist in picking and fulfilling online sales
The ideal candidate:
- Is willing and able to work a flexible schedule primarily on weekends and evenings
- Is honest, polite, kind and inclusive
- Has a keen eye for visual merchandising
- Has experience in retail sales (preferred)
- Can work independently and unsupervised
- Has a strong work ethic
- Is reliable and responsible
- Possesses excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Is proficient when working with computers and cloud-based software
- Is detail oriented
- Possesses excellent communication and reading skills
- Will take pride in providing superior customer service from the moment a customer walks in through to packaging their purchases
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Casual dress
- Store discount
All staff and customers are required to wear a mask. Staff is required to wash hands often or use hand sanitizer. Customers are encouraged to use hand sanitizer at the door. Commonly touched surfaces are sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Are you willing to work weekends and evenings throughout the summer?
- Would you be interested in considering extended employment into the next school year?
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Retail sales: 1 year (preferred)