Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
Reports to the Facility Team Leader and or Manager. Performs all functions related to electrical distribution systems. This includes operation, servicing and repair of all electrical generation and supply systems along with all integrated wiring and hardware. Participate in general maintenance tasks as required. Follows established procedures. Duties are performed under general supervision following departmental guidelines. Ability to work closely with team members on multiple assignments to meet deadlines, under minimal supervision, is required. Will be expected to seek solutions to operational barriers and contribute to continuous quality improvement. Position interacts via telephone, written or verbal work orders with all employee levels within the Support Service department and clients, patients, and customers. Must conform to all safety policies and procedures in effect.
- Ontario Certificate of Qualification "Electrician"
- Familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Codes and Ontario Building and Fire Codes
- Ability to understand legislative codes
- Ability to read and follow instructions and use basic math skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances to include high ( to 600V ) voltage AC and DC circuits at an advanced level.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems to include fabrication of electrical control panels.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, armatures, switches, sockets and other elements of electrical systems.
- Maintains emergency generators and high voltage switch gear. Investigates, develops and designs high voltage circuits for temporary use.
- Builds and repairs fixtures, motor-starters, switch gear, transfer switches, bus ducts HY terminations, HY splices.
- Builds and pulls feeder cables.
- Interprets blue prints and works from sketches or verbal instructions.
- Assures that all circuit control panels are properly marked as to the circuits they control. Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
- Estimate time and material costs on electrical projects, submits requisition for materials.
- Maintains all electronic/electrical components of all life safety equipment including but not limited to: fire alarm and medical gas systems, nurse call systems, intercom and pocket pager systems.
- Assists contractors in testing of these systems in a manner and frequency as prescribed by the applicable codes.
- Ensures that all electrical equipment arriving at each location is accompanied by applicable approvals.
- Performs preventive maintenance on electrical systems and participates in other preventative maintenance needs as scheduled.
- Participate in general maintenance tasks as required.
- Attends all department/hospital in-service orientation and other meetings as required.
Maintains established QHC departmental and client policies, procedures and objectives for quality assurance and safety.
- Displays polite, spirit-of-service attitude towards customers and co-workers. Maintains friendly, efficient and responsive attitude toward client and client's customers/patients while performing job duties. Willing to interact with co-workers in a team atmosphere in order to help find a better way to perform job.
- Performs all work in accordance with QHC regulatory safety procedures and requirements including WHMIS, and all Provincial and local regulatory agencies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds.
Constant - seeing
Frequent - hearing, speaking, standing, walking, carrying, climbing
Occasional - bending, keying, reaching, lifting, kneeling, pushing