Country Terrace OMNI Health Care is looking for an enthusiast and hard working person to fill a Dietary Aide / Cook position. It's important that you have cook papers in order to meet the Long Term Care standards. Reporting to the Nutritional Care Manager, this position will be following established policies, procedures and standards, preparing and serving food for the residents, including the more complex meal preparation for the facility (dinner, sauces, desserts etc.), cleaning production areas and equipment.
- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation. Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal following standardized recipes and production sheets. Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture. Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- In the absence of the Dietary Manger, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that changes are recorded following department procedures.
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Manager of problems. Recommends corrective action.
- Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Dietary Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks; cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Chef Training or Culinary Management or University degree or being enroll in a cook program.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures
- Ability to read and write English, and understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions in English
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.64 /hour