Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Ceridian is looking for self-starting, highly motivated Product Designers to design useful, usable, and desirable products for the millions of workers who rely on them every day. HR and workforce management tools should demonstrate the same care and craft of consumer software, designed with contemporary user- and human-centered practices.
Product Designers work across a range of design practice, from up-front research, insights, and strategy, through to ideation, prototyping, and testing, and to delivery of final designs. We're not looking for ‘unicorns,’ who are expected to be brilliant at everything, but we do presume some comfort throughout the design process, and a desire to continually broaden and improve your skills.
Key to Product Design success is close collaboration with Product Managers and Engineers. Product Designers are expected to be partners in this relationship. Strong communication skills, particularly an ability to articulate the rationale behind design decisions, is key for success.
What You’ll Do
- Design and re-design product experiences within one of our pillars: Attract to Hire, Doing the Work, Compensation, Talent Development, or Platform.
- Conduct upfront user research to better understand user needs and behaviors, and usability testing to see how your solutions work for users, with the support and guidance of UX Researchers
- Take design direction from Lead Product Designers and Design Managers, ensuring your efforts roll-up into a coherent whole
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers in working through design and product challenges
- Present work, and articulate design decisions, to the design team and Product Management and Engineering peers
- Ideation and prototyping to explore different options, including unexpected, but still workable solutions
- Detailed design, built upon our Design System, that brings our solutions to life
- Contribute to our Design System as needed
- Advocate for Accessibility and Inclusive Design practices
Our Desired Profile
- Has experience shipping successful products across web and mobile
- Comfortable with some direction from more senior designers, while developing an ability to work autonomously
- Familiarity with user-centered and human-centered design approaches
- Of the following skills, Advanced in 2, and Proficient in 2: Interaction Design, Visual Design, Information Architecture, UX Writing, Conducting User Research, Research Insights and Analysis, Front-end Development
- Experience working in complex systems with multiple audiences and complicated workflows; enterprise SaaS a plus
- Familiar with Accessibility Guidelines and Inclusive Design practices
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.