Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, the Unit Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of patient care, coordination of nursing staff and resources on all shifts, facilitating patient flow, maintaining data accountability and acting as a steward for developing and facilitating the family-centered care approach within the Surgical Suite (OR/PACU).
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing)
- Current B.C.L.S.
- Recent & related Charge Nurse Experience required (must be within the last 2-3 years)
- Proven experience with staff scheduling (ONA and CUPE), patient flow and daily assignments
- 3-5 years recent experience in the Operating Room/PACU
- Successful completion of the certified Operating Post-Graduate Certificate, required
- Proven experience with management of peri-operative patient flow and coordination of elective/ urgent /emergent surgical cases in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members
- Demonstrated leadership, teaching and mentorship skills
- Effective organizational; planning; prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple competing demands with ability to maintain composure in stressful situations;
- Demonstrated problem solving; critical thinking and decision making skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills that enables you to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
- Proven ability to work well independently
- Ability to advocate for quality based patient outcomes within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
- B.Sc.N, preferred
- Member of ORNAC and OPANA
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.