Title: Retail Sales Consultant
Reports To: Retail Sales Manager
Location: Napoleon Home Comfort - Barrie, ON
Shift: Varied - days / evenings and week-ends
Work closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. Using our software program, provide informative quotes, sales orders and invoices for customers. Provide onsite visits at customer homes to determine equipment needs, proper measurements and layouts for install needs. Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Understand all Napoleon products and communicate this understanding to customers, remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service while building productive trust relationships with customers.
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Follow procedures for preparing quotes, sales orders and invoices using software system (Evosus). Follow proper protocol on collecting deposits and payments.
- Conduct home pre-inspects and recommend appropriate goods or services.
- Competently complete administrative tasks such as: submitting detailed pictures, layouts and measure-ups for installs. Complete credit applications, rebates and ensure detailed notes on customer files.
- Check stock using software program and comply with inventory control procedures, notify customers when product is available.
- Represent Napoleon family of companies at trade shows, home shows, and special events.
- Maintain in-stock/display product shown in the showroom and ensure they are in presentable condition for customers to view.
Education & Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma, GED or four (4) years related work experience.
- Must have two (2) years’ experience in retail sales.
- Preference will be given to those with product knowledge (Fireplace, HVAC and Grills).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Must have proven negotiating skills.
- Must have ability to travel out of town as required and support varying shifts: evenings, weekends, extended hours.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)