Independent Grocer is currently looking for a Produce Assistant Full-Time clerk.
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader, a food lover with a passion for great customer service!
- Assisting the Department Manager with the day to day management of all aspects of the Produce department including: ordering, merchandising, customer service and labour scheduling.
- Promote and support superior customer relations in a professional manner.
- Promote and increase sales through effective merchandising techniques, suggestive selling and attractive product presentation.
- Provide direction and support to Produce staff as necessary.
- Adhere to company standards and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Training and the on-going Development and Motivation of the team.
- Adhere to strict cleaning schedule ensuring a high level of cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous leadership experience in the retail industry is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to stand for a long period of time and in hot/cold environment.
Full-time hours & medical benefits included.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- produce: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Required)