AdaptAbilities is registered charity that provides an essential service to individuals with special needs and their families. Our unique programs promote positive self care and wellbeing, empowering indivuals grow, succeed and belong. We are looking for dedicate professionals who share this vision to join our team. This is an opportunity to make a difference, supporting individuals to be a part of their community.
The Team Lead (TL), Part -Time provides leadership and support to staff and participants for assigned programs. They ensure program planning and implementation focuses on participant goals, meeting outcomes, and incorporating the three components for children and five assets for adults. By providing essential mentorship, the TL 'acts with integrity, is open to growth, lives our purpose, cultivates teamwork, and puts forth an extraordinary effort to empower people and their families to grow, succeed, and belong.
- Informs, supports, trains, mentors, leads and oversees direct care from staff
- Understands and clearly communicates organizational policies and processes to both staff and families
- Plans programming, ensuring meaningful days and purposeful support
- Identifies and solves problems, building staff capacity in difficult situations
- Develops and fosters genuine relationships
- Ensures program outcomes, risk management and quality assurance guidelines are met
- Conducts general administration, follow-ups, documentation and reporting duties
- Ensures a risk free, stimulating, safe and supportive environment
- Performs other duties as required
- University degree or diploma in Disability Services, Social Work or Human Services (or equivalent) is considered an asset
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related field or life experience (supporting a family member)
- Minimum 1 year hands-on experience working with individuals with complex behaviors which limit their inclusion in community and/or programs
- Alignment with AdaptAbilities’ core purpose and core values
- Clean class 5 driver’s license and vehicle required
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in emotionally challenging situations and effectively use empathy.
- Ability to act as social, recreational and or employment role model
- Ability to build and maintain interpersonal relations
- Basic computer literacy
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Flexible and comfortable working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Ability to provide a clear Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check
- Standard First Aid Certification CPR Level C and AED is required
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Prevention and Response Protocol are an asset
This is a permanent, part-time position for Social Nights and reports to the Program Supervisor, Social Nights & Weekend Respite.
$21.37 to $23.56
September 23, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.