Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Switchboard Operator, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of work:
Shifts of 8 hours (3:00pm - 11:00pm). This is a contract position until December 2020, part-time (7 on 7 off).
Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered as a factor in selection.
What you'll be doing
- Answer, screen and direct all incoming calls
- Provide reception support
- Direct visitors to the Health Centre
- Monitor the alarm and paging systems
- Contact emergency services when required
- General office administration
What we're looking for
- Secondary School Diploma
- Previous switchboard experience an asset
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Word is required; familiarity with AS/400 preferred
- Evidence of good work and attendance record
- Demonstrated commitment to Homewood’s Core Competencies (Service Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity)
- Commitment to working within Homewood’s Health & Safety Policy
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.