Under general supervision, performs a variety of cooking duties with the ability to prepare and serve meals for residents in a safe and attractive manner in accordance with standard recipes and prescribed menu plans. Adhere to established policies and procedures. Possess good judgment and assume responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Executive Chef.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares ingredients, mixes, seasons and cooks a variety of food items, such as eggs, soup, sauces, desserts, meats, vegetables, casseroles or stews, in accordance with pre-established menu plans and selected recipes.
- Ensures that food item quantity and quality is in accordance with menu plans, all diet meals are prepared properly, weighing and measuring of food portions and testing food items prepared for taste, temperature and appearance.
- Utilizes and stores food supplies and leftovers in an efficient and sanitary manner according to dietary standards; may receive, check and store food supplies; notes items in short supply, and may order specific supplies at the request of a supervisor
- Ensures cleanliness is maintained while performing duties and may assist other staff with routine cleaning procedures.
- Assist with the serving of meals in a timely fashion and the training of new employees and students; may provide work guidance to other kitchen staff.
- Ensures that a high level of cleanliness, in all aspects, is met at all times.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- cooking: 5 years (Required)
- line cook: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)