Superior Glove® is one of North America's leading manufacturers and suppliers of work gloves, located in Acton Ontario. A respected source for thousands of customers, Superior Glove® has been in the business since 1910. With four manufacturing facilities, we can serve customers globally. Specializing in cut-resistant gloves, we are also licensed manufacturers of Kevlar® and Dyneema® products and other high-quality work gloves for every industry.
Superior Glove Works Ltd. is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Coordinator to work in its Point Leamington, NL facility.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for supporting internal customer groups with employment relations questions and concerns, assisting with recruitment, general administration, maintaining information databases, tracking systems, communications and events. While ensuring adherence to company Mission, vision and values, the HR Coordinator will provide support, encouragement and feedback to the employees and leaders to help with Performance Management, legislative compliance, recruiting, recognition, training, safety, communications etc.
- Regular involvement with assigned employee groups to assist employees and leaders in effectively reaching goals and KPI’s
- Always uphold the highest standard of internal and external customer service, including responding quickly to inquiries and work assignments.
- Ensure documentation, orientation and training of new hires.
- Attend employee requirements such as letters and answering questions.
- Track employee attendance, sickness leaves and statistics
- Assist with time and attendance and payroll as it relates to HR
- Keep up to date with mandatory legislative and quality compliance
- Implement and improve HR and Health & Safety policies, guidelines and practices to meet company unique needs and comply with legal requirements.
- Assist with HR communications and events.
- Assist in organizing and planning staff social events & recognition programs
- Instill and communicate overall Superior Glove mission, vision and values
- Take on additional duties as required on the HR team for cross-functional support and growth opportunity
- Ensure thorough documentation.
- Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures / Policies as stated in the Employee Handbook, Safety, Customer Service, Quality and Environmental programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related field required.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience providing HR support to an industrial/manufacturing or distribution/logistics business.
- Experience with payroll entries (working with ADP Workforce now) is considered an asset
- Proven ability on MS Office products with speed and accuracy
- Possess and maintains a positive and inquisitive attitude with excellent follow through on issues.
- Competencies include dealing with difficult situations, analytical thinking, time management, thoroughness and communication proficiency.
- Ability to speak with a high level of professionalism and presence to individuals or groups.
- Ability to positively influence change and build strong relationships at all levels
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent grammar, business letter and report writing skills.
- Understand and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Embrace continuous improvement by proposing new and/or better ways of doing things.
- Willingness to travel with occasional overnight stays for training and working with other divisions as required
- Flexible to adjust work hours, schedule to meet various needs of employees on all shifts, 24/7
Why work for us?
- We offer a casual work environment
- An opportunity to contribute new ideas; we welcome your fresh perspective
- Health, Dental and Extended Benefits
- Group RRSP plan
- Education Assistance Program
- As part of the “family” you can join in on our community involvement, annual barbeques and much more!
We are a family owned and operated company meeting international standards by “Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation”.
Please send your resume and cover letter with “Human Resources Coordinator” in the subject line.
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)
- DCS / DEC (Required)