We are a highly successful outdoor retailer from the UK, and have been offering quality outdoor clothing and equipment at the lowest prices since 1997. We now have over 380+ stores and more than 3000 employees, having grown to nearly 45 stores in Canada, and 10 in the USA in only 6 years. Other international locations are in Europe across Poland, Germany and Holland, with our latest adventure being in New Zealand!
It’s the teams that make the stores…ours are really important to us; we could not grow stores at this rate without the people and their passion for customer engagement, their knowledge of the products, their ability to offer a great experience and shared stories. We have many successes with those who have joined us and been promoted, or just love being part of the team; there are always opportunities at Mountain Warehouse.
Location- This is a home-based role. You will need to live within 100 miles of the Toronto area. Travel in this role will be extensive, covering a wide geographical area from Newfoundland across to Vancouver Island in Canada, and from Boston to Chicago in the USA. Our Head Office is in London, UK and you will be required to travel here periodically.
- To oversee the Retail Operations of Mountain Warehouse North American business.
- To direct and control all aspects of North American stores through the Field management team. To establish and maintain best practice in the areas of Service Sales Management, Personnel Development, Visual Merchandising, and Operations
- To act as a liaison between North America and our UK Head Office, building and encouraging relations
- To ensure adherence to company procedure and policy, protecting the company’s assets and brand
- To recruit, coach, develop and manage North American Field and Visual Merchandising Management to company competency standard required by Mountain Warehouse
A typical week
- Driving Key Performance Indicators through the Field Team and making informed decisions on managing North American Market trends versus other Global markets
- Analysing business results and trends with the Field Team, taking appropriate action to drive sales and profitability
- Influencing Head Office on product buying and merchandising decisions specific to the North American Market
- Giving input on the development of selling strategies and incentives
- Recognising outstanding sales performance of Retail Teams in North America
- Developing budget plans with the Field Team and Head Office, specifically taking into account North American trends
- Responsible for developing outstanding customer service within the Districts
- Developing, sharing and implementing best practice from Global Markets with North American teams
- Communicating regularly with the Retail Director and Head Office, concerning problems and highlighting opportunities
- Continual analysis of shop performance compared to expectation, company trends, and competitive position
- Taking appropriate action to improve competitive performance
- Being an inspirational leader and brand ambassador, demonstrating positive service and management techniques
We require someone with
- Proven successful track record in delivering service, sales and profit expectations at field level
- A minimum 5 years field line management experience, in the Retail Sector
- 3 years apparel experience
- Proven people management, communication and leadership skills
- Proven track record of opening stores and running operations across different marketplaces
- Experience and understanding of communicating with a Head Office in a different Country/time zone
- English language
What's in it for you?
- Salary: $150-160,000 per annum
- Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy.
- Expensed car for Company Business
- Medical Insurance
- Location: Field based, with extensive travel across all of North America
- Terms of employment: Permanent, full time
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and stores being in hibernation-mode, candidates will not be contacted until June.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- field line management: 5 years (Required)
- retail: 5 years (Required)
- strategy/planning: 5 years (Required)
- business development: 5 years (Preferred)
- apparel : 3 years (Required)