Make your next career move – join a top employer in Ottawa, ON.
An energetic, enthusiastic Internal Auditor looking to take the next step in an already successful career will recognize this position as a unique opportunity to be part of a well-established, competent team while bringing strategic vision and technical skill to the role.
At NAV CANADA, we’re the real-life air traffic controllers, engineers, technologists, software developers and information managers who harness the latest technology to keep millions of air travellers safe every day. Our mission is to pioneer game-changing solutions for the aviation industry around the world. We work together to achieve our goals in a supportive, team-centric environment you won’t find just anywhere. We’re proud to provide a workplace that offers meaningful careers that not only matter to all Canadians, but to people around the world.
A career with NAV CANADA – one of Canada’s 2017, 2018 & 2019 Top 100 Employers and Forbes 2017, 2018 & 2019 Best Canadian Employers – represents an exciting opportunity to join our growing team of professionals who guide 12 million aircraft safely through the skies each year.
As an Internal Auditor, you’ll provide vital professional support to the Director or Manager of Internal Audit in accomplishing the Department’s mission of providing independent, objective assurance and management consulting services designed to improve the Company’s overall operations.
What you can expect as a member of the NAV Canada Internal Audit Department team:
- To work collaboratively to achieve our goals in a supportive, team environment.
- Competitive compensation, benefits and pension packages, plus a range of wellness programs designed to support you at every stage of your career.
- To be part of an engaging team and a workplace that offers meaningful careers.
- Opportunities to:
o Participate in the design of departmental strategic plans to increase the value Internal Audit provides to the organization.
o Participate in planning sessions to assist in developing a flexible audit plan.
o Provide suggestions on how to improve departmental processes and/or methodologies.
Your engagements will consist of:
- Preparing individual work programs.
- Completing assigned work as a team member, with support and supervision from the Auditor-in-Charge or Internal Audit Department management.
- Documenting and auditing business processes and/or business applications.
- Collaborating with the engagement team throughout the work to manage the progress, timeliness and level of effort of the engagement.
- Analyzing data, as required, to facilitate quality analysis.
- Preparing files that are in line with professional standards and supported by observations and value-added recommendations provided to stakeholders.
NAV CANADA Internal Audit management will expect you to:
- Maintain currency in professional standards (IIA, CIA, ISACA etc.).
- Bring your enthusiasm and technical skill forward in all opportunities.
- Participate in team discussions and provide respectful yet candid feedback on how to improve departmental and overall organizational processes and/or methodologies.
- Be engaged and collaborative with the team and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain networks with managers and employees.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As an Internal Auditor, you’ll bring the following to the team:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working within an Internal Audit team.
- A post-secondary degree.
- A relevant designation such as CIA, CISA or CPA. (If you do not possess a CIA designation, you must be willing to acquire it within two years of hiring.)
- Good knowledge of fraud risks and red flags.
- Bilingualism, with proficiency in both French and English. (In the event that a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered.)
You may also have:
- Proficiency in data analytics methodologies and/or approaches or process efficiencies (e.g. Lean or Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of risk control frameworks and/or IT governance standards and frameworks (such as COSO and COBIT).
- Knowledge of good project management and/or agile management practices.
Equally important, you’re an inquisitive individual who has:
- Good interviewing, analytical and facilitation skills.
- Strong conflict management skills to de-escalate complex and tense situations.
- Strong diplomacy skills to identify and manage conflicting stakeholder views, priorities and expectations.
- Discretion and judgment in handling sensitive or confidential information.
NAV CANADA (www.navcanada.ca) employees help guide the world's aircraft safely and expeditiously through Canadian-controlled airspace. With approximately 4,600 employees located from coast, to coast, to coast, we offer some of the most exciting careers in the field of aviation. Our employees deliver air traffic services, design and build our technology, maintain our systems, and provide a wide variety of technical and administrative support. Above all, our employees work together to keep our skies safe.
NAV CANADA considers our people to be our most important asset, and we are committed to providing a motivating and satisfying workplace. In exchange for your dedication and commitment, you'll receive a generous total compensation and benefits package, opportunities for training and development, and the chance to work for a company that is at the forefront of its industry globally.
How to apply
For more information about this dynamic opportunity and to apply online, by Thursday, January 30, 2020, please visit our website. The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily and clearly on the subject line of their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
NAV CANADA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Internal Auditing: 3 years (Preferred)