If you are looking for an exciting career in TV/Radio/Print media, look no further than Newfoundland Broadcasting! We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to expand the future, of the online presence, of our three media companies; NTV, OZFM and The Newfoundland Herald. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working alongside many local Newfoundland Celebrities, you will fit in well in our corporate environment.
The Website Developer position comes with many responsibilities and are regularly changing based on needs within the company. The primary goal of this position is to ensure the 24/7 operation of our flag ship websites. This includes performing, upgrades to server hardware, updating software packages as well as maintaining databases to ensure a fast and smooth user experience. Secondary responsibilities include attending regular weekly meetings to provide information to sales staff as well as managers regarding website performance and providing feedback on this performance (good or bad).
Being the sole website developer at Newfoundland Broadcasting means working with wonderful co-workers and managers to bring information as well as online sales to the next level. Below is a list of qualities we think are needed to succeed in this role:
- Communication skills
- Organizational abilities
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Independence to set personal goals and achieve milestones
- Ability to plan out projects and complete them
Below is a list of requirements for this position:
- Post-Secondary education (Computer Science Degree or equivalent)
Desirable Qualities are:
- Experience with the usage of GIT, SSH, FTP, React-Native, NodeJS, Google Analytics, MySQL and Amazon Web Services such as EC2, LightSail, Aroura, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Experience with email (Exchange Servers) and networking systems
- Customer Service experience
- Sales experience
- Abilities to format/present data and information to staff in a meeting
- Experience in being part of a Television or Radio environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and assist fellow co-workers with tasks outside of the website environment
Job Type: Full-time
- HTML/CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)