Service Advisor / Warranty Clerk job summary
Our busy New and Used car dealership is expanding it’s service center to better serve our customers and to provide warranty and service fulfillments. To ensure optimum customer service, we’re hiring a Service Advisor to work one-on-one with our clients. Your job will be to advise customers on the available parts and service options when their vehicles need repairs. We’re counting on you to develop extensive product knowledge and to serve all of our customers with a friendly smile and honest guidance.
We offer in-house training and support as well as competitive compensation salary and commission.
Service Advisor / Warranty Clerk responsibilities
- Greet customers when they arrive at the parts and service center and direct them to an available mechanic
- Consult with mechanics about necessary repairs and possible alternatives to expensive work
- Provide customers with in-depth information about available aftermarket and OEM (original equipment manufacturer) part options
- Answer questions about service outcome (after consulting with mechanic if necessary)
- Advise customers about warranty protections and potential cost savings
- Prepare, submit, and track warranty repair orders and claims according to dealership and manufacturer policies.
- Manage and oversee the service center’s workflow and scheduling
- Call customers to inform them of changes in service or to let them know their vehicle is ready for pick-up
Service Advisor / Warranty Clerk skills
- High school diploma/GED required
- 3+ years’ service advising experience
- Extensive knowledge of automotive industry and parts
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate equally well with mechanics, customers and senior management
- Familiarity with R.O. Writer preferred, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Advisor: 3 years (Required)