Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, Process Supervisor, Logistics Supervisor or Logistics Coordinator, the Operator will assist in monitoring the system which includes observing pressure, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts, computer monitors and recorders and ensures that product is moved through the facility at the appropriate times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist observing pressures, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts or computer monitors (EO).
· Documenting and recording process readings.
· Performs a count and inspection of product and notes the results on the appropriate form.
· Ensures that product is moved through the facility at appropriate times.
· Reports any damaged product to the Shift Supervisor or Process Supervisor.
· Reports system problems to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician.
· Performs some daily and weekly equipment preventative maintenance tasks and may assist Maintenance as required.
· Stores and removes chemicals used in processing in accordance with established procedures and laws.
· Using a forklift to transfer product to staging areas in an orderly and safe manner.
· Must be familiar with and follow all applicable safety and regulatory requirements.
· Assists with other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIRED:
· High School or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
· Must be willing to work established shifts.
· Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform repetitive bending and lifting motions over a period of time.
· Must have forklift driving experience.
· Computer skills desired.
NOTE: We are currently located it Scarborough, Ontario and will be relocating to Mississauga, Ontario.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
We comply with all local guidelines
- operations: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person