Are you a meticulous and detail-oriented individual with a passion for numbers and organization? Join our dynamic team at STOR-X® Organizing Systems as a Junior Accountant and play a crucial role in maintaining our financial records accurately and efficiently. This position will be working with our head office team based in Richmond.
Since 1989 STOR-X® Organizing Systems has been an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of custom designed home storage solutions. Our business is making people's lives organized through innovative storage solutions with a unique stress-free buying experience. We provide custom solutions for Walk-In Closets, Reach-In Closets, Pantries, Laundry Rooms, Mudrooms, Home Offices, Media Centers, Wall Beds, Garages, and much more.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years full-cycle bookkeeping experience. Working towards and/or have completed a Certified Professional Bookkeeping designation would be a bonus! Strong computer skills in MS Office (advanced Excel) plus knowledge and experience in Sage 50 and QuickBooks online is preferred. This position requires ability to work with all members of the franchise team, other corporate departments, and our franchisees.
At STOR-X® the belief that "Organization Feels Great" is what drives our team. If you want to be a part of that team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (onsite)
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided.
- Create daily sales invoices and monthly royalty reports to Franchisees
- Perform AR collections with Franchisees
- Record customer payments and deposits
- Create daily supplier bills and credit card expenses
- Prepare semi-monthly cheque run
- Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Process biweekly payroll
- Maintain employee records, administer group benefits and record time & attendance
- Prepare Record of Employment and T4 slips
- Prepare GST/PST returns
- Prepare WorkSafe and Employer Health Tax returns
- Monitor bank and credit card balances as required
- Prepare account reconciliations and variance analysis as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years’ experience in full-cycle bookkeeping or accounting roles
- Certified Professional Bookkeeping designation is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Sage 50, and QuickBooks Online
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, regulations, and best practices
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry
- Organized and effective with time management
- Strong ability to communicate and work with others
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your desired salary range?
- QuickBooks: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person