We are in search of a highly motivated kinesiologist who is looking to pursue a rewarding profession, that offers quality treatment options to those who suffer from lower limb discomfort. This is your chance to be a part of the largest Pedorthic clinic in Canada. Please apply if you think you would be an ideal candidate, working amongst our dynamic, energetic, patient centric clinic. This is an unique opportunity to train with BioPed and become a Canadian Certified Pedorthist!
- Area of Specialization : Orthotic Specific; Consult, design, build, fit and repair orthotic appliances, Assess and advise patients in the use and care of orthoses, footwear, lower limb braces and compression stockings, Interpret physician's recommendations, Make and modify plaster casts and hand make custom orthotic devices.
- We are looking for a candidate that is a team player and has a vibrant personality.
- Full-time hours available
- Earn to Learn – Opportunity to test drive a career in the Pedorthic industry while learning from experienced healthcare professionals in a supportive and modern environment
- Autonomy and opportunities for growth and ongoing career development
- Whether you’re a current student or a recent graduate, you’re curious about exploring a career in the Pedorthic industry. You want to join an allied health clinic where you’ll have the chance to work alongside experienced professionals, gain valuable skills, and learn everything you possibly can, all while making a difference in the lives of others.If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.We’re BioPed Footcare, and we love to improve the life of our clients. We know that every client’s pain is different and with over 40 years’ experience and 65+ clinics across Canada, we have seen it all. We are the leaders in lower limb and footcare. As part of our network of independent clinics, you will own your neighborhood and be supported by 200+ peers nationally, sharing in information and knowledge to not only better serve your clients, but to help you grow in your own career. Our mission is to empower people to live their lives to the fullest by helping them alleviate their foot pain. To continue to help our clients do more in life, work, and play, we’re looking for a Kinesiology/Health Science Student for our clinic.
About the Kinesiology/Health Science Student role: In this role, you’ll get a feel for the industry as you support our clinic operations and shadow a Certified Pedorthist. Based on your skills and interests, you’ll have the opportunity to do things like:
- Interact directly with patients
- Learn about and participate in orthotic fabrication
- Complete fittings for knee and ankle braces as well as compression socks
- Attain certifications for specific therapeutic areas of interest
- Become part of our BioPed peer network and engage with industry partners, vendors and other healthcare partners
- This is an excellent opportunity for anyone considering a career in orthopedic care and will allow you to test drive the field and get to know the ins and outs of this career path. You’ll get to see how your knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics can apply practically in the real world, all while making lasting connections and a significant difference in people’s lives.
About this opportunity with BioPed Footcare: Here’s some of what you’ll enjoy working with us:
- A competitive rate with the option to work part-time or full-time and health benefits for full-time
- Access to our employee purchase plan
- Paid uniforms/work gear
- Discounted personal footcare products
- Paid certification courses/other continuing education, plus considerable opportunities for growth and advancement – you’ll be able to build your career with us and grow into a full-time role once you’ve completed your studies
- We are passionate about giving back to our community through our Soles4Souls program and our Do More campaign. Together with our clients, we have collected over 500,000 gently used shoes to distribute to people in need here in Canada and in developing countries and have helped to empower people out of poverty.Our collaborative, approachable, and eager to help team leads with integrity and takes a practical approach to client care. We have a genuine passion for helping people.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $38,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)