Glen Armstrong Construction Ltd. (GACL) specializes in deep servicing and heavy civil construction throughout Northern Alberta. We pride ourselves in providing quality work and cost effective solutions to our varied and diverse client base and are looking to hire individuals who will contribute to our team of dedicated personnel by bringing their experience and high-quality workmanship to every project. In five decades of operation, GACL has grown to become a leader in our field within the construction industry because of our unique combination of people, experience and equipment. We are a family-oriented business and we firmly believe our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing ongoing training and support to allow them to reach their full potential and still be able to enjoy a work-life balance. GACL is an industry leader in safety and we strive for an incident-free workplace in all aspects of our operations. If you have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence, apply today and build a rewarding career as a member of our high-performing team.
We are currently hiring for the 2020 construction season.
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found
Reporting to the superintendent, the foreman will be responsible for a variety of supervisory duties related to water and sewer, deep servicing and civil works.
· The successful candidate must be able to co-ordinate, schedule and manage a crew of anywhere from 6-20 employees successfully
· Be knowledgeable in all aspects of underground water and sewer construction
· Develop site specific work plans and 2 week look ahead with management
· Create and sustain the project schedule through planning of personnel, timely coordination of equipment and materials
· Ensure compliance with all safety and quality requirements in accordance with contract documents, legislation and company policies
· Engage in professional interactions with subcontractors, suppliers and consultants
· Complete daily & weekly project documentation and submit to the office
· Lead daily safety meetings with crew
· Report and follow proper company procedure for incidents and near misses
· Mentor and coach crew personnel with technical aspects of the work, as well as safety competencies
· Lead by example and support corporate policies through one’s actions
· Perform additional assignments as required
· 8+ years of experience with water & sewer construction preferably in a supervisory role
· Experience with the installation of all aspects of water, sewer & storm systems pertaining to subdivisions, municipal infrastructure, rehabilitation work as well as new installations
· Experience with utility locates and working around existing utilities
· Ability to read and interpret contracts, price schedules, contract drawings and grades
· Experience with various survey techniques and the ability to read grades and complete project layout.
· Experience with other scopes of construction is an asset (earthworks, concrete, bridge work, structural, industrial, etc.)
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook
· Current Standard First Aid, Confined Space, Ground Disturbance, Hoisting & Rigging, H2S and WHMIS training certificates will be considered an asset
· Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract are required
· Preference will be given to candidates who live in or within close proximity to Peace River, Alberta
· This position is identified as safety sensitive
· Some out of town and extended working hours will be required
· Majority of work conducted outdoors in diverse weather and ground conditions
This is a full time position. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive team environment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
In order to be considered applicants must submit a resume along with proof of qualifications. GACL provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. We thank every applicant for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
- water & sewer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines
- Document all costs and ensure that expenses never exceed the construction budget
- Other duties as requested