Position: Head Instructor
Reporting to: Philpott Head Coach (Site Supervisor)
Program Dates: July 6 to August 21, 2020 (note some sites end Aug 28 + attend pre-summer instructor training (June 26, to be confirmed)
Normal Worked Hours: 8:45 am – 1:15 pm (rain or shine)
Number of Sites: Philpott Children’s Tennis operates out of 17 different sites across the city of Toronto. We will do our best to place coaches at their site of preference but please understand that this is not always possible.
Expected Salary Range: $20 to $25/hr Minimum Requirements (must have by the starting date): Level 1 (Instructor) OTA Coaching Certificate * Emergency First Aid certificate * High Five training * Clean police reference check: www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php)
Interview Dates: All interviews will be conducted on either March 7 or 8, 12-3pm
Interview Location: Interviews will be held at L’Amoreaux Tennis Centre located at 300 Silver Springs Blvd, Scarborough Application Deadline: March 5, 2020
Position Summary Philpott Children’s Tennis is proud of its long history of promoting health, physical and moral well-being among Toronto’s inner-city youth through its skill and leadership development programs.
The Head Instructor’s primary responsibility is to design and administer a quality summer tennis program at their designated site in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner.
- He/she is expected to organize and prepare lessons for each day of instruction.
- Arrive at 8:45 am to set up and organize equipment, take attendance
- Provide accurate attendance, incident and equipment inventory reports
- Store equipment and first aid kits securely
- Report concerns/problems immediately to the Summer Program Director or Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor
- Liaise with the Parks & Recreation (or other) representative on site
- Prepare daily/weekly lesson plans
- Plan and execute each day’s lessons with suitable progressions and drills to meet the needs of the children and the group
- Manage Assistant Instructor (s) and volunteers and ensure they are engaged contributing to the program
If you are interested applying for a head instructor position with Philpott Children’s Tennis please click here: https://philpottchildrenstennis.org/head-instructor/
Reference ID: Head Instructor
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Coaching: 2 years (Required)
- Standard First Aid (Preferred)
- Instructor Certification (Required)
- High Five Certification (Preferred)
- Clean Criminal Check (Required)